Thursday, March 09, 2017

Post card from Japan: Cherry blossoms in Kyoto!



Cherry Blossoms in Kyoto, Japan

Spring is here, and the cherry blossoms or sakura season is upon us. Hurray! I'm sure a lot of you bitten by the travel bug and wanderlust are heading to Boston, Seoul, Taipei, or in many parts of Japan such as Osaka, Tokyo, or Kyoto.

I've got to experience the latter three in Japan and I should say, I can't imagine Japan without the sakura, that being my first time in the country!

There are numerous places in Japan to best enjoy the pinkish-whitish glow of cherry blossoms, be it through plain sight-seeing or through a hanami or picnic under the sakura trees -- at the grounds of Osaka Castle; the Philosopher's Walk, Kawaramachi Avenue, and Gion in Kyoto. I tell you, no matter how well-trodden these places are, taking selfies here could yield to hundreds of likes on Facebook or Instagram!



But the place depicted in this photo is not in the travel guides. I've just chanced upon this corner by the creek coming from Kawaramachi Station and crossing the Kamo River while walking towards my hostel a couple of blocks from there, to the direction of Kyoto Station.

I don't remember the name of the street but looking at it from Google Maps, the exact spot is right in front of Cafe Kano, with address 785 Nishihashizumechō, Shimogyō-ku, Kyōto-shi, Kyōto-fu 600-8029, Japan.

I just want to say, that to best enjoy the cherry blossoms, you should also be open to other places that you might chance upom where the cherry blossoms are as beautiful. 

P.S.:
I was travelling alone. How was I able to take a picture of myself? I mounted my DSLR camera on my folding bike!

2 comments:

Erika Smith said...

Traveling is always a good thing in life, it fill your souls.

Unknown said...

awesome blog! thanks for sharing..

www.luxxpress.com
las vegas to los angeles bus